Seattle Auto Recall Attorney
Has Your Automobile Been Recalled in King, Snohomish, or Spokane County?
Automobiles can be recalled for a variety of reasons, such as design defects or safety defects. If your vehicle has been recalled for such a reason, you may be offered a repair, or you might instead qualify for a buyback instead. The Law Office of Cosmin Popa can take a detailed look at your auto recall case to determine your options. Your safety is of the utmost importance, so it is critical to act quickly once you have been notified of an auto recall due to a defect in your vehicle.
Contact the Law Office of Cosmin Popa to discuss your auto recall case in more detail. Let’s get your vehicle safely repaired or get you your money back for your defective car.
Are Recalled Vehicles the Same as Lemons?
While both recalled vehicles and lemons involve defective vehicles, a lemon is a vehicle with a unique defect that is still malfunctioning after a reasonable number of repair attempts. By contrast, vehicles that need to be recalled contain defects applicable to a mass number of vehicles, such as a problem with a certain make or model, instead of a unique defect.
Navigating an Auto Recall
An auto recall is issued when a manufacturer or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration determines that a vehicle, equipment, car seat, or tire poses an unreasonable safety risk or fails to meet minimum safety standards. More specifically, an auto recall is necessary when:
- a motor vehicle or a part of motor vehicle equipment does not comply with a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (requires vehicles to have safe operation and mechanisms protecting drivers from injury); or
- there is a safety-related defect in the vehicle or equipment.
Car manufacturers are required to fix the problem by repairing the defective vehicles, replacing them, offering a refund, or, in rare situations, repurchasing the vehicle.
Examples of safety-related defects that may warrant an auto recall are:
- faulty steering components that cause partial or complete loss of vehicle control;
- problems with fuel system components that result in fuel leakage;
- faulty accelerator controls that stick;
- wheels that crack or break, resulting in loss of vehicle control;
- engine cooling fan blades that break unexpectedly;
- faulty windshield wiper assemblies;
- seats that fail unexpectedly during normal use;
- wiring system problems that result in a fire or loss of lighting;
- car ramps that may collapse and cause injury to someone working on the vehicle;
- airbags that deploy under conditions for which they are not intended to deploy;
- child safety seats with defective safety belts, buckles, or components.
The moment you are notified of a defect in your automobile, you should consider your options for financial and legal remedies. Most manufacturers will provide a free repair of the vehicle or otherwise reimburse you. The Law Office of Cosmin Popa is well-versed in the legal procedure of auto recalls and can help to make sure your safety is not being jeopardized by an unsafe vehicle.
Schedule an initial consultation with the Law Office of Cosmin Popa today to discuss your options following an auto recall in Seattle, WA.